Wow, I have went through a lot of hair color over the years! Hover over a photo to read the caption. Enjoy! More photo albums and stories coming soon.
Award-Winning Documentary a/k/a Tommy Chong
a/k/a Tommy Chong documents Tommy Chong of Cheech and Chong through his legal problems with The Department of Justice. Filmmaker Josh Gilbert follows Chong as he becomes a target in a government sting, code named “Operation Pipe Dreams.”
At the height of popularity of the Bush administration — the federal government entrapped and subsequently imprisoned Tommy Chong. Josh Gilbert began documenting the federal case against his long time friend and counter-culture icon for the terrible crime of selling bongs. This film examines the personal effects on Tommy, the motivations and tactics of the politicized Justice Department under George Bush, set against the back drop of the War on Drugs and the legal issues involved.
a/k/a Tommy Chong was released June 14, 2006 and spotlights interviews with Lou Alder, Bill Maher, Jay Leno, Cheech Marin, George Thorogood, Peter Coyote, Shelby Chong, and Steven Hager. Kottonmouth Kings is on the soundtrack.
- Official Selection – Toronto International Film Festival
- Official Selection – IDFA: International Documentary Festival Amsterdam
- Official Selection – Palm Springs International Film Festival
- Official Selection – Miami International Film Festival
- Official Selection – SXSW Film Festival
- Official Selection – Full Frame Documentary Festival
- Winner, Best Documentary – HBO US Comedy Arts Festival
- Audience Award, Best Documentary – San Francisco Independent Film Festival
- Audience Award Runner Up, Best International Film – Vancouver International Film Festival
- Director – Josh Gilbert
- Screenplay – Josh Gilbert
- Producer – Josh Gilbert
- Executive Producers – A. D. Sinha, Cheryl Chapman, Matt Stephens
- Co-Producers – Will Becton, David Hausen, Brandie Knight
- Co-Executive Producers – Jeffrey Gordon, John Mato, Jay Tobin
- Associate Producers – Bonita DeWolf, Precious Chong
- Cinematography – John Ennis, Josh Gilbert, Jonathan Schell, Tim Huber, Sean McCall, Melik
- Editing – Will Becton, Howard Leder, Tom Walls Jr.
- Sound – Sabrina Buchanek, Grant Johnson, Bruce Maddocks
- Music – Oz Noy
- Sound Supervisor – Michael Mancini